Yvonne Katz, formerly supt. of Beaverton OR and Spring Branch TX school districts, embarrassing retiring Westview High principal Len Case.











Dan Wieden talks about the night he wrote "Just do It" to a fascinated Wesview High School Media Studies class in 2001.

TSPC director Vickie Chamberlain conspires with OEA attorney Tom Doyle

TSPC director Vickie Chamberlain conspires with OEA attorney Tom Doyle
Chamberlain's three-and-a-half year manipulation of teacher discipline case conceals misconduct of Linda Borquist and Hollis Lekas of the Beaverton School District while interfering with the outcome of a federal lawsuit in support of an attorney formerly employed by the Beaverton School District, Nancy Hungerford.

Oregon ALJ Andrea Sloan collaborates with TSPC director Vickie Chamberlain & OEA atty Tom Doyle

Oregon ALJ Andrea Sloan collaborates with TSPC director Vickie Chamberlain & OEA atty Tom Doyle
"First of its kind in Oregon" decision helps unethical lawyers manipulate federal law suit after Beaverton administrators violated teacher employment contract

Signing a confession to conceal misconduct and influence a federal law suit

Signing a confession to conceal misconduct and influence a federal law suit
Tom Doyle of the OEA collaborates with OAH lawyers and Vickie Chamberlain of the TSPC

TSPC director Vickie Chamberlain makes finding based on secret "first of its kind" hearing

TSPC director Vickie Chamberlain makes finding based on secret "first of its kind" hearing
Chamberlain's delay protects Nancy Hungerford, former attorney for the Beaverton Schools, who colluded with attorneys for the OEA and the state of Oregon to violate a teacher contract and deny due process in a federal civil suit.

Confederation of Oregon School Administrators

Leadership Academy for Beginning Principals
July 18, 19 and 20, 2007
Linfield College

The Faculty:

Linda Borquist, Academy Coordinator

Victor Musial, Field Operations Director, OSEA

Colin Cameron, Director of Professional Development,COSA

Jill O'Neil, Principal, Beaverton Middle School - OMLA President

Vickie Chamberlain, Executive Director, TSPC

Kris Olsen, Principal, McMinnville High School - OASSA President

Matt Coleman, Principal, Westview High School

Shannon Priem, Communication Services Director, OSBA

Vickie Fleming, Superintendent, Redmond SD 2J

Perla Rodriguez, Principal, Cornelius Elementary School - OMLA President

Shawna Harris, Field Representative, OSEA

Nanci Schneider, NWREL

Craig Hawkins, Communications Director, COSA

Valerie Sebesta, Oregon Education Association

Sally Leet, Principal, Oak Grove Elementary School - OESPA Past President

Brian Traylor, Principal, Corvallis Elementary School - OESPA President

Holly Lekas, Regional Administrator, Beaverton SD 48 Joe Wehrili, OSBA

Michael Carter, Superintendent, Rainier SD 13

Philip McCullum, Director Administrative Licensure, University of Oregon

Authentic evaluation legally dated

Authentic evaluation legally dated
signed by retiring principal Len Case

Post-dated Westview High School evaluation 2002-03

Post-dated Westview High School evaluation 2002-03
Entered fraudulently at Fair Dismissal Appeals Board hearing: Malcolm Dennis (forced resignation; secrecy agreement) and Chris Bick, signing principals

Condescending email from John Kaempf, former BSD lawyer who pretended to help me and stole $5K for his effort

Johnny Kaempf, a member of my brother's extended family, was asked by my brother to help me with a case in which attorneys representing the OEA (Tom Doyle) and the Beaverton Schools (Hungerford "Pass-the-Trash" Law), had been manipulating and bullying me for four and 1/2 years--after BSD officials illegally terminated my employment contract in  January 2004.

After I wrote the federal judge and told him the lawyers were trying to force me to sign stipulations for the Oregon TSPC before they would give me a settlement check from the manipulative federal lawsuit, I couldn't find anyone to take on the OEA and the state gov't for the money I could gather.

My brother asked his lawyer, Kaempf, to help me, Kaempf began negotiating with lawyers who had been fired by the BSD (Hungerford) and by me (Doyle), He tried to leverage a new signature from me to create cover for malpracticing colleagues--een though Judge Robert E. Jones of the US Ninth Distict Court had been told that the case had been steeled of over a year.

He sent me a condescending email after I had contacted Ann Jacks, a former BSD school board member who had resigned in disgust and told her about the status of my settlement.  Then he took 5K of the 40K.

Thanks, counselor. You are highly regarded for some suspect reasons.



Fw: To Cindy Shultz--Judge Robert E. Jones' office 
Subject: Bellairs v. Beaverton School District, et al., Civil 04-770-JO
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 10:25:16 -0700
To:  Counsel
From: Judge Robert E. Jones
Please read the communication received from Donald Bellairs.  If there was a settlement in this case, was it made a matter of record?  If the case in fact has not settled, I will grant Mr. Bellairs 30 days to find a replacement lawyer, reopen the case without fees, and proceed to trial.

To Cindy Schultz/
   
Fw: To Cindy Shultz--Judge Robert E.Jones' office
03:11 PM 06/29  /2007   
Subject 
Cindy:  FYI, this came in via the Court's Internet website mailbox.
Sincerely,
Laura Brennan
Deputy Director of Operational Services US District Court - Oregon
503-326-8163
Forwarded by Laura Brennan/ORD/09/USCOURTS on 
06/29/2007 03:11PM-----
  Don Bellairs
To Cindy Shultz--Judge Robert E. Jones' office
To: Ms. Cindy Shultz
Asst. to Judge Robert E. Jones
From :Don Bellairs
13335 SW Havencrest ST
Beaverton, OR 97005
Re: Case No. CV 04-770-JO

Ms. Shultz,
I am writing with regard to Case No. CV 04-770-JO.  I was persuaded the suit by an attorney assigned to me and employed by the Beaverton Education Association.  The attorney, Thomas Doyle, has acted in bad faith and has allowed his associates in the state education bureaucracy to deny me my civil rights. I am accustomed to being bullied by Mr. Doyle and his associates--this has been a three and 1/2 year ordeal.  The union attorneys have a comfortable situation with no oversight and can enrich themselves at their clients' expense.  I am hopeful, however, that Judge Jones is not accustomed to having his court exploited for political purposes and finds the behavior of these attorneys imprudent, if not illegal.  Mr. Doyle and the (former) Beaverton Schools attorneys, the Hungerford Family lawyers, have kept my settlement money in an effort to get me to sign illegal "stipulations" created by officials who work for the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission in Salem.  I have refused.
In addition to holding a secret hearing with an Administrative Law Judge without my knowledge or participation (at the time, I was attempting to have my union replace him), Mr. Doyle forced me to participate in a phone conference with a judge for Alternative Dispute Resolution last winter while I was on the coast, working.  He said the ADR judge would hold me and the owner of my work place in contempt if  I did not participate. (I have attached documentation for this).  He gave me less than twenty-four hours notice.  My problem: Now I cannot get Mr. Doyle to provide me with the name of  the judge who presided over the ADR process.  I am putting together material to go the Oregon Bar and need this information. 
Also, public records indicate that Judge Jones was told my case was settled.  Would you please let him know that it was not,  Like me, he  has been misled. I hope that I have chosen the appropriate way to approach this.   This has been a lengthy and very unfair ordeal for my family and me and I have been forced to make a lot of difficult decisions by myself.. Thank you for your attention,

Don Bellairs

PS  In August 2006, I was given a new settlement document with different conditions by a new lawyer for the Beaverton district. I have not acted on it because I felt it was illegal.  Mr. Doyle sent me a letter saying he approved it

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Jennifer Hungerford
To: Cindy_Schultz@ord.uscourts.gov
Cc: njhlaw@aol.com; bellairsd@yahoo.com; Camellia_Osterink@beavton.k12.or.us; Tom Doyle
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 2:39:40 PM
Subject: Re: Bellairs v. Beaverton School District, et al., Civil 04-770-JO

Judge Jones:

This is to follow up on my earlier message.  I confirmed with the School District that no settlement agreement was ever signed by Mr. Bellairs.  After Mr. Bellairs refused to sign the original settlement agreement, a new agreement was negotiated, and although there were representations that it was agreeable to Mr. Bellairs and would be signed, it was not.

Thank you.

Jennifer Hungerford
The Hungerford Law Firm
Direct line: 503-722-8612
Fax: 503-657-7977
jennifer@hungerfordlaw.com
www.hungerfordlaw.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Doyle [mailto:doylet@bennetthartman.com]
Sent: Monday, July 9, 2007 03:16 PM
To: Cindy_Schultz@ord.uscourts.gov
Cc: njhlaw@aol.combellairsd@yahoo.com, 'Jennifer Hungerford'
Subject: RE: To Cindy Shultz--Judge Robert E. Jones' office Bellairs v.    Beaverton School District, et al., Civil 04-770-JO

Judge Jones:

I no longer represent Mr. Bellairs. To my recollection, no settlement
was put on the record.

Thank you.
Tom Doyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Jennifer Hungerford [mailto:jennifer@hungerfordlaw.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 4:00 PM
To: Cindy_Schultz@ord.uscourts.gov
Cc: Tom Doyle; njhlaw@aol.combellairsd@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: To Cindy Shultz--Judge Robert E. Jones' office Bellairs v.
Beaverton School District, et al., Civil 04-770-JO

Judge Jones:
I was one of the attorneys representing Beaverton School District in
>this matter.  It is my understanding that there was a settlement reached
by the parties in March 2006.  I do not believe that the terms of the
settlement were made a matter of record.  The Beaverton School District
was prepared to release the funds upon the receipt of Mr. Bellairs'
signature on an original copy of the agreement, but the District was
never provided an original copy with Mr. Bellairs' signature.  I believe
that in the fall of 2006, Mr. Bellairs had direct discussions with the
Beaverton School District (who now also employs in-house counsel).  We
have contacted the District and will provide the Court with further
information as soon as we receive it.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Jennifer Hungerford
The Hungerford Law Firm
Direct line: 503-722-8612
Fax: 503-657-7977
jennifer@hungerfordlaw.com
To erika marion<erika.marion@oregoned.org>,
  06/29 /2007   12:40  PM   
Subject
To Cindy Shultz--Judge Robert E. Jones' office
To: Ms. Cindy Shultz
Asst. to Judge Robert E. Jones
From :Don Bellairs
13335 SW Havencrest ST
Beaverton, OR 97005
Re: Case No. CV 04-770-JO

Ms. Shultz,
I am writing with regard to Case No. CV 04-770-JO.  I was persuaded to file the suit by an attorney assigned to me and employed by the Beaverton Education Association.  The attorney, Thomas Doyle, has acted in bad faith and has allowed his associates in the state education bureaucracy to deny me my civil rights. I am accustomed to being bullied by Mr. Doyle and his associates--this has been a three and 1/2 year ordeal.  The union attorneys have a comfortable situation with no oversight and can enrich themselves at their clients' expense.  I am hopeful, however, that Judge Jones is not accustomed to having his court exploited for political purposes and finds the behavior of these attorneys imprudent, if not illegal.  Mr. Doyle and the (former) Beaverton Schools attorneys, the Hungerford Family lawyers, have kept my settlement money in an effort to get me to sign illegal "stipulations" created by officials who work for the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission in Salem.  I have refused.
In addition to holding a secret hearing with an Administrative Law Judge without my knowledge or participation (at the time, I was attempting to have my union replace him), Mr. Doyle forced me to participate in a phone conference with a judge for Alternative Dispute Resolution last winter while I was on the coast, working.  He said the ADR judge would hold me and the owner of my work place in contempt if  I did not participate. (I have attached documentation for this).  He gave me less than twenty-four hours notice.  My problem: Now I cannot get Mr. Doyle to provide me with the name of  the judge who presided over the ADR process.  I am putting together material to go the Oregon Bar and need this information. 
Also, public records indicate that Judge Jones was told my case was settled.  Would you please let him know that it was not,  Like me, he  has been misled. I hope that I have chosen the appropriate way to approach this.   This has been a lengthy and very unfair ordeal for my family and me and I have been forced to make a lot of difficult decisions by myself.. Thank you for your attention,

Don Bellairs

PS  In August 2006, I was given a new settlement document with different conditions by a new lawyer for the Beaverton district. I have not acted on it because I felt it was illegal.  Mr. Doyle sent me a letter saying he approved it

October 17, 2007 

VIA HAND DELIVERY 

Honorable Robert E. Jones 

U.S. District Court
1000 SW Third Ave.
Portland, OR 97204
Re: Donald Bellairs v. Beaverton School District, et al
Case No. 3:04-CV-770
Our File No. 5407-2166


Dear Judge Jones: 

I am writing to you in my capacity as an officer of the Court in regard to the above referenced matter. The purpose of this letter is to correct a misstatement by defendant Beaverton School District’s (BSD’s) counsel that this case is not settled because they allegedly never received a settlement agreement signed by plaintiff Donald Bellairs. 

As you know, you recently reinstated this civil case based upon the request of Mr. Bellairs, who has been acting pro se for quite a while. To reflect that fact, you also recently allowed my withdrawal as his attorney. Until that time, Mr. Bellairs was very clear that he did not want me to represent him any longer in regard to this matter in any capacity. 

However, since that time, I have been contacted by Mr. Bellairs, through a third party, and have been authorized by Mr. Bellairs to raise the following issue with the Court on his 
behalf. 

As you also know, trial is set to begin on November 13, 2007. As explained herein, I believe that this case is, in fact, settled. You will recall that on July 3, 2007, you sent an email to the lawyers asking if this case was settled. You sent that email in response to an email sent directly by Mr. Bellairs to your assistant in late June 2007, wherein Mr. Bellairs stated that the settlement was not completed because BSD's lawyers “have kept my settlement money.” At that time, I was unable to speak to this issue without potentially prejudicing my former client’s request to reinstate the case and had been directed by him to have no contact with him. 

Page 2 
Honorable Robert E. Jones 
October 17, 2007 

In response to your email, one of BSD’s lawyers, Jennifer Hungerford, wrote you an email on July 12, 2007 stating that she “confirmed with [BSD] that no settlement agreement 
was ever signed by Mr. Bellairs.” Also, in a July 5, 2007 email to you, Ms. Hungerford admitted that BSD “was prepared to release the funds upon receipt of Mr. Bellairs’ signature on an original copy of the agreement,” but claimed that BSD “was never provided an original copy with Mr. Bellairs' signature.” However, Ms. Hungerford’s statements about not receiving a release signed by Mr. Bellairs are incorrect. Please find attached a copy of an April 6, 2006 fax sent by me to her law partner, Nancy Hungerford, with whom I negotiated the settlement, showing that Mr. Bellairs and BSD’s representatives all signed the settlement agreement. In addition, the original settlement agreement signed by Mr. Bellairs was sent to Nancy Hungerford. Therefore, this case is, in fact, settled. The only holdup is that BSD never sent Mr. Bellairs the $40,000 it owes him pursuant to the terms of the signed settlement agreement. 

It is my understanding that Nancy Hungerford claims that the signed release is not sufficient because Mr. Bellairs’ signature is not notarized. However, as you can see, Section 
3.12 of the release contains an “entire agreement” clause stating that this “Settlement contains the entire agreement between the parties hereto and the terms of this Settlement are contractual and not mere recitals.” Nowhere in the entire agreement does it state that having Mr. Bellairs’ signature notarized is a condition of the agreement. Moreover, Nancy Hungerford did not make notarization a condition of the settlement when we settled the case on the telephone the day before the trial was set to begin in late March 2006. In addition, I have never heard of notarization being a condition or a material term of a settlement. I hope the Court will agree that this is not the common practice. 

It is also my understanding that Nancy Hungerford claims that Mr. Bellairs repudiated the settlement agreement in various communications after he and BSD’s representatives 
signed the release in April 2006. However, Mr. Bellairs’ alleged statements after he and BSD’s representatives signed the release are irrelevant. In plain language, a deal is a deal once it is signed by all parties, and Mr. Bellairs did not have the ability to repudiate the release once it was signed by all parties. See Stroman v. West Coast Grocery Co., 884 F2d 458, 462-463 (9th Cir 1989) (in a civil employment action, holding that the court was “satisfied that [plaintiff] Stroman’s release of ‘all claims’ against [defendant] West Coast under the November 1, 1985, agreement was a deliberate, voluntary, and knowing waiver” of his claims, and that “when he signed the agreement he waived all legal claims against West Coast.”) (emphasis added). 

In sum, Mr. Bellairs agreed to cancel the trial in March 2006 based upon this settlement.   As noted above, in her July 5, 2007 email to you, Ms. Hungerford admitted that BSD is 

Page 3 
Honorable Robert E. Jones 
October 17, 2007 

"prepared to release the funds upon receipt of Mr. Bellairs' signature on an original copy of the agreement." That occurred 18 months ago. Therefore, based upon this information, Mr. Bellairs asks the Court to rule that this case is fully settled, to cancel the upcoming trial, and to require 
BSD to issue a check to Mr. Bellairs for $40,000 within the next 7 days. 

Sincerely, 
BENNETT, HARTMAN, MORRIS & KAPLAN 

Thomas K. Doyle 
TKD/ka 
Encl. 

cc: Donald Bellairs 
Jennifer Hungerford (via fax) 
Rich Cohn-Lee (via fax)

Janet Hogue, then CEO of the BSD's fundraising organization, the BEF...

Janet Hogue, then CEO of the BSD's  fundraising organization, the BEF...
...representing herself as superintendent.

Oct 06 letter from new BSD HR director Sue Robertson

Oct 06 letter from new BSD HR director Sue Robertson
...blocking access to evidence that would demonstrate Beaverton administrative misconduct.

Response to Sue Robertson, BSD HR chief, concerning false allegations to conceal misconduct

Response to Sue Robertson, BSD HR chief, concerning false allegations to conceal misconduct

Letter from Jennifer Hungerford, former Beaverton atty referencing BSD money manager Dan Thomas

Letter from Jennifer Hungerford, former Beaverton atty referencing BSD money manager Dan Thomas

Hollis Lekas, former Beaverton HR admin., June 2004 "complaint" to TSPC...

Hollis Lekas, former Beaverton HR admin., June 2004 "complaint" to TSPC...
...after waiting on FDAB results.

Justice delayed...

Justice delayed...

...is justice denied, Tom Doyle-style

...is justice denied, Tom Doyle-style

Former TSPC investigator Nisbet working unethically with Tom Doyle, OEA atty

Former TSPC investigator Nisbet working unethically with Tom Doyle, OEA atty
Her actions were designed to affect the outcome of a federal lawsuit. She lost her job consequently (Like me, she was small enough to fail). The improper use of TSPC "stipulations" and "pass-the-trash" deals effectively lets lawyers and bureaucrats in Oregon education play "God" with student welfare and teacher careers...

TSPC director Vickie Chamberlain trying to work a "deal" with Doyle

TSPC director Vickie Chamberlain trying to work a "deal" with Doyle
Signing stipulations to protect BSD administrators who violated employment and civil rights laws

OEA Legal Conceals Fraud

OEA Legal Conceals Fraud
Mark Toledo tries to cover up for Tom Doyle

Former OEA President Larry Wolf denial of illegal civil suit filed by OEA atty Tom Doyle

Former OEA President Larry Wolf denial of illegal civil suit filed by OEA atty Tom Doyle
Wolf abdicates leadership of union's membership to OEA "Advocacy"